Sunday, September 21, 2008

Learn To Laugh

Learn to laugh with your children.

Every kid wants a family who knows how to laugh.

Joy brings strength.


Here are some tips:

If they tell a joke or do something intentionally funny, then be the first to laugh. They need to know that you enjoy them.

Tell them jokes yourself. Sometimes after dinner or breakfast, while we're still sitting at the table, I’ll tell the kids a joke or two – knock knock jokes, corny jokes, anything I can think of. Often they want me to repeat their favorites. I get most of them from the Internet. I'll google a joke site, then memorize a few and save them for dinner time.

Now I know that when your kids get older they won't appreciate the corny jokes like they used to. Well, you might need to readjust your jokes, but don't stop laughing. Find out what makes them smile and show them that you still know how to laugh together.

No comments: